Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Picture Perfect 2- Test grade

      


The floors gleam brilliantly a color similar to that of the sun. The lights that hang above in strands light up the room, hopefully and omen for the entirety of the rest of my short existence. The tables were set to tedious perfection, not a single detail askew. Small yet potent amber flowers sat in delicate vases along the center of the ivory table cloths. The assorted guests begin to arrive, and I watch them marvel at the alluring chandeliers that hung from the oak paneled ceiling. I catch a glimpse of my cousin Ally wearing a ravishing cobalt dress that used to be my own. My family and friends poured in, and I peer at them from my isolated corner of the balcony. The love of my life approaches. He wears the same midnight black suit that he had worn at the alter moments before. His smile radiated throughout the room, and outshined even the prettiest chandelier. He turned his flawless head as he heard his older brother’s voice ring out from across the room. Xander quickly turned back to face me, dismissing the calls of his boisterous and taunting brother. In a few brief seconds the bride and groom are expected to parade down the grand stairs to welcome our guests. My mother stalks out from the dressing room behind us, shoving us down the stairs with her brash voice. As we descend, my shoes clammer against the oak stairs that correspond with the ceiling above to perfection. The entire room stops to look at us, not a single eye is looking elsewhere. They stare up with longing, jealousy, regret, pride. I smile at my best friend, dressed to the nines with stars encompassing her flawlessly applied eyeliner. She waits eagerly to greet the crowd, but also let her personality come out. She has been keeping herself reserved, so I would be the center of attention, like any true best friend would do. This is her time to shine like the stars she used to decorate her face. Xander’s soft spoken brother was given the task of celebrating our marriage, despite protests from the other three brothers. As Sam stepped up to the platform, she turns to smile at me, a smile that reveals her happiness for me, but hides her lingering jealousy. She has spent her days searching for the right man to fulfill her life, yet no one has been able to handle her loud, sometimes obnoxious, sarcastic, yet loving personality. Sam walks towards the x marked on the stage, and begins her tediously thought out address. A few lengthy sentences in, her knee shakes, and she tumbles to the ground and lands with a heavy thud. It happened so quickly that I had not even made a step to rescue my best friend from endless humiliation. Another was able to however. As he stood, he hit his head on the sparkling lights, and his fair hair becomes one with the twinkle of light. His square frames present him as an intellectual that has spent many years perfecting his craft. He glides over to Sam, his hands run along her arms, gently waking her from her hardwood induced slumber. Her eyes slowly open to his caring face admiring her beauty. Never in my life have I seen a more beautiful couple, a more beautiful life, a more beautiful love.

No comments:

Post a Comment