Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2015

Multiple Tones: Disgusted and Awestruck

Tone: disgusted


The dirty, grimy, litter filled streets are what makes up a city. The thousands of people bumping into each other on the crowded sidewalks, which are dirtied with the crushed dreams of the people who sleep there at night. As I pass the alleys I see a man with ripped clothing begging a wall for forgiveness. The frigid winds blow the poisoned air which was infected by the nearby factories that have no regard for our planet. As I walk out from under the shadow of the large and overpowering skyscraper, I enter grey gloom of the house districts. Houses that are all crowded together, with no privacy. I cannot fathom living a life where I look out my bedroom window and all I see is brick. The city, where you can buy a disgusting hot dog, heroin, and get cancer from the toxic air all in one square mile.

Tone: Awestruck, grateful

The hustling, bustling, never-ending streets are what make up a city. The thousands of people all together, enjoying each other’s company walking carelessly along the streets, which are worn with the success of the people who walked them before. As I pass the alleys I see a man with ripped clothing receiving help from a selfless volunteer. The refreshing winds blow the air that both the poor and the wealthy require to live. As I walk out from under the merciful shadow of the large and beautiful skyscraper, I enter the friendly community of the house districts. Houses that are all crowded together, with only room for neighborly love. I cannot fathom living a life where I look out my bedroom window and all I see is nothing. The city, where you can buy a delicious, had cooked hot dog, a designer handbag, and experience the kindness of the human race all in one square mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment